- Exhibition with Jean-Raymond Turmel
- Art Event at ACCÉSSS
- Journée des Sciences de la Religion
- Photos of Beauce, Quebec
- My Approach to Art - Interesting quotations
Nominated "Artist of the Week" on LondonArt.co.uk, read the article on LondonArt.
First, I want to extend a very big welcome to all new members and a grateful hello to all former subscribers to my newsletter.
I am taking the liberty of sending this edition also to all those who visited my exhibitions and/or showed interest in my artwork - if you wish to receive future newsletters and invitations to art events, please click on the "I subscribe" button at the end of this newsletter. I really hope that you will agree to be added to my newsletter distribution list.
Thank you for all the generous support and encouragement I've received over the years. It is a great pleasure to share with you my evolving explorations in the amazing field of painting on silk.
A small exhibition of giclée canvas prints in Café Rico in Montreal during the month of April 2012.
Café Rico has been established over ten years ago as the first coffee roaster in Québec to offer only certified fair-trade and organic coffee, Café Rico has become a local landmark in both Plateau-Mont-Royal and Montréal.
Besides original paintings on silk, I also displayed giclée canvas prints and greeting cards of my artworks.
Visitors were struck at how well Jean-Raymond's and my painting styles and mediums complemented each other,
to result in a very interesting and distinctive show.
Art Event in ACCÉSSS
Journées des Sciences de la religion
The Art Event in ACCÉSSS, in October 2011, was a one-afternoon special show displaying 38 original paintings on silk and 16 giclée canvas prints. It was an exhilirating afternoon, with many first-time visitors.
Some of my works were chosen for an exceptional programme on Zoroastrianism at the Cegep de Sainte-Foy as part of their Journées des Sciences de la Religion in November 2011.
Photos of Beauce, Quebec
I would like to share with you some photos we took on a trip to Beauce. To see the album, click on the picture. Enjoy!
My Approach to Art
During exhibitions, I am often asked about my approach to painting - what motivates me to paint, how I start work on a painting, what I wish to convey, what I was thinking about or feeling when creating a particular piece of abstract art, what exactly the painting is supposed to represent, etc.
To many, abstract art appears to be quite incomprehensible and inexplicable. At the risk of sounding fanciful - the paintings have their source in my inner consciousness and dream world, and with my artwork I wish to convey a feeling, an impression, an emotion, an aspiration. I invite the viewer to spend a quiet moment, discovering unknown worlds and dreamscapes - approaching the paintings with imagination and an open mind.
I believe that the role of the artist is to create works that inspire and delight as well as evoke feelings and emotions in a viewer. These feelings and emotions may be similar to those of the artist while creating the artwork. Or perhaps, the viewer, while bringing his own associations and experience to the painting, may see something quite different. Why not, I say! Abstract art can be interpreted in many different ways.
I would like to also share with you my favourite quotations on art:
- What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit. ~ John Updike
- Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere. ~ Carl Sagan
- The technique is only a means of expression; one does not write merely to use beautiful words or paint for the sole sake of line and colour; there is something that one is trying through these means to express or to discover. What is that something? The first answer would be - it is the creation, it is the discovery of Beauty. Art is for that alone and can be judged only by its revelation or discovery of Beauty. ~ Sri Aurobindo
- Painting is not done to copy Nature, but to express an impression, a feeling, an emotion that we express on seeing the beauty of Nature. ~ The Mother
- One of the best things about paintings is their silence - which prompts reflection and random reverie. ~ Mark Stevens
- An artist cannot talk about his art any more than a plant can discuss horticulture. ~ Jean Cocteau
- Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist. ~ Rene-Francois-Ghislain Magritte
- Art is when you hear a knocking from your soul - and you answer. ~ Terri Guillemets
- If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint. ~ Edward Hopper
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. ~ Albert Einstein
- No amount of skillful invention can replace the essential element of imagination. ~ Edward Hopper
If you have any interest in, or questions about my artwork, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to your friends.
With gratitude for your continued support,
All my best wishes,
Firooza Aubry (Firoozyves)
Click 'I subscribe' to join my email list:
If you do not wish to receive further newsletters, unsubscribefrom this email list.